What you need
- 400g fresh cherries, pitted plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp port
- 2 packets Aeroplane Jelly Original Raspberry
- Water to make 700ml jelly
- 450g store bought madeira cake, darker edges removed, cut into cubes
- 900g Pauls Double Thick Vanilla Custard
- 200g ginger nut biscuits, turned into crumbs
- 300ml Pauls Thickened Cream, whipped
- Gingerbread men and stars, to serve
- CADBURY CARAMILK & Pistachio Bark, to serve
How To Make It
- Place pitted cherries, sugar, spice and port in a bowl, stir well and leave to macerate for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve jelly crystals in 300mls boiling water and make up to 700mls with cold water and set aside.
- Arrange cake and cherries in the bottom of a 20cm x 12 cm glass serving dish. Pour over any juice from the cherries.
- Gently pour prepared jelly over the cake and cherries and refrigerate until jelly is set (approx. 2 hours).
- Spoon 300g of Pauls Double Thick Vanilla Custard over the cake-jelly layer.
- Spread 1/2 the biscuit crumbs over the custard and repeat with layers of custard, crumbs and finally custard.
- When ready to serve, top trifle with whipped cream, gingerbread men and stars, chocolate bark and a few fresh cherries.
Gingerbread Men and Stars - view recipe
Caramilk & Pistachio Bark - view recipe