What you need
- 1 1/2 cups Farmhouse Gold Custard
- 2 punnets of strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 120ml good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Juice from 1 large orange
- 6 2½” short-curst tartlet shells, store-bought
- 1 tbsp baby basil leaves
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar and orange juice in a bowl and lightly mix. Place in the fridge for an hour to macerate.
- Fill each tartlet shell with 2 tbsp of custard.
- After an hour, remove strawberries from the fridge and divide evenly among tart shells. Set remaining liquid aside. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Pour any remaining liquid over tarts and garnish with baby basil leaves.