What you need
- 1 cup Pauls Vanilla Custard
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecan nuts
- 75g butter
- 4 medium ripe bananas (750g), peeled and thickly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 store bought waffles
- Pauls Thickened Cream, whipped
How To Make It
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add pecan nuts and stir for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove nuts from pan and set aside.
- Wipe frying pan clean with kitchen paper. Melt 50g of the butter in the frying pan over a medium - high heat. Add bananas and cook, turning occasionally for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm (do not clean the frying pan).
- Add remaining 25g of butter to the frying pan and place over a medium heat. When butter has melted, add custard, brown sugar and water. Stir until simmering. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Toast waffles and serve with bananas, sauce, pecans and a dollop of whipped cream.