Polenta and Sour Cream
What you need
- 185g Pauls Light Sour Cream
- 150ml Pauls Pure Cream, whipped to serve
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 150g softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 155g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 150g polenta
- 250g blackberries (frozen if not in season)
- 230g soft brown sugar
How To Make It
- Make the compote by mixing the berries and half of the caster sugar in a small saucepan and leaving over a low heat for 5-10 mins or until sugar has fully dissolved. Set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and remaining caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the vanilla essence and sour cream.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. Add the polenta and stir in the butter and egg mixture until well combined. Pour into a non-stick 24cm loaf tin and bake for 45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, slice the loaf and spoon on some compote and whipped cream.