What you need
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
250g (1 cup) Pauls Vanilla Custard
1 tbsp melted butter
1 cup mixed fresh or frozen berries
Icing sugar, to serve
Maple syrup, to serve
Extra berries, to serve
Extra Pauls Vanilla Custard, to serve
How To Make It
- Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together Pauls Vanilla Custard, eggs and the melted butter.
- Preheat pie maker.
- Add custard mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently stir berries into the batter.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to each pie well, close cover and cook for 8 minutes or until puffed and golden in colour. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Allow pancakes to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar, fresh berries, drizzled with maple syrup and extra Pauls Vanilla Custard.
Note: The fruit inside the pancakes can be very hot so best to cool down a little before serving. This recipe could be used with other seasonal soft fresh fruit such as bananas, apricots or peaches.