Mango, Coconut & Lime
What you need
- 600g Pauls Vanilla Custard
- 2 cups (300g) diced fresh mango, or frozen, thawed
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 4 small gelatine leaves (6g)
- 2 cups (560g) coconut flavoured yoghurt
- 1 medium ripe mango (430g), extra, sliced thinly
- 100g vanilla mini meringue
How To Make It
- Blend or process mango until smooth. Pour custard into a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, rind, juice and 1/4 cup mango puree in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture reaches just below simmering point.
- Meanwhile, soak gelatine in a small bowl of cold water for 5 minutes or until softened. Remove lime mixture from the heat. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, add gelatine to pan; stir until dissolved.
- Working quickly, immediately whisk lime mixture into custard. Whisk in yoghurt and remaining mango puree. Strain through a fine sieve into a large jug.
- Divide mixture among size 11/4-cup (310ml) shallow ramekins or bowls. Place on trays; cover, refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Top panna cottas with sliced mango and mini meringues; serve.