Feta, Spinach &
What you need
- ½ cup Pauls Regular Thickened Cream
- ½ cup Pauls Smarter White Milk
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) frozen shortcrust pastry, just thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 250g sliced brown mushrooms
- 100g feta, crumbled into small cubes
- 1 long red chili, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How To Make It
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees fan-forced. Roll out pastry to fit a 22cm fluted tart tin with removable base. Line tin with pastry. Use a fork to prick base. Line pastry case with nonstick baking paper. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan over a medium flame, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms, chili, shallots and garlic and cook for approximately 4 minutes. Next, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and then add the milk, cream and paprika and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, put the mushroom mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with feta. Add egg mixture over the top. Reduce the oven to 160 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes. You will know it is cooked when a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool before serving.