What you need
- 2/3 cup Pauls Double Thick Vanilla Custard
- 410g can apricot halves in syrup
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1½ tablespoons boiling water
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Drain apricots well and place 12 cut side down on kitchen paper (you will have a few apricots left over). Place custard and almond meal in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Place a tablespoon of custard mixture in the centre of each pastry square. Do not spread the mixture. Top each with an apricot half, cut side down. Roll the pastry corners toward the centre of the Danish leaving the apricot exposed. Slightly flatten the rolled pastry with your fingers, then pinch the pastry joins together. Place pastries on 2 oven trays lined with baking paper. Brush pastry with egg and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make icing. Place sifted icing sugar into a small bowl. Gradually add enough water to form a thick, pourable icing. Use a teaspoon to drizzle icing over pastries.