What you need
- 100ml Pauls Vanilla Custard
- Star anise
- 100g tapioca seeds
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 large mango, flesh thinly sliced
- 2 passionfruit
- Mint leaves finely sliced
- 50g almond flakes
How To Make It
- In a large pot boil 2 litres of water and stir in the tapioca seeds and stir often to stop the tapioca from catching on the pot. Boil for 10-15 mins or until all the seeds are transparent.
- Strain and rinse under cold water and leave to drain. In a small saucepan, dissolve the brown sugar in 125ml of water and infuse the star anise. Keep on medium heat and reduce to a syrup consistency. In a large bowl combine the syrup, custard and tapioca and spoon into 4 coffee cups and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Toast the almond flakes in a dry fry pan, tossing until golden. In a bowl gently mix the mango slices with the mint and passionfruit.
- To serve, upturn the tapioca cup onto a plate and unmold. Spoon on some mango salad and sprinkle with toasted almonds.