What you need
- 500ml Pauls Full Cream Milk
- 500ml Pauls Dollop Cream
- 1.5kgs floury potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (5mm thick)
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp grated nutmeg
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g parmesan, grated
- Salt & pepper
How To Make It
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced.
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat add a splash of olive oil, sauté the onion for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in ½ the garlic and thyme and sauté for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the potatoes, milk, and cream, other half of garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a large saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- As soon as the mixture comes to the boil, remove from the heat, stir in the onion mixture and then pour the potato mixture into a deep rectangular oven dish. Scatter the cheese over the top and then even the mixture out across the baking dish with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes then serve.