What you need
- 1/2 cup Pauls PhysiCAL Low Fat Milk
- 2 medium potatoes (400g), peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated reduced fat cheese
- Ground black pepper
Steak & Jus
- 2 x 200g Porterhouse steaks, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Steamed greens, such as broccolini
How To Make It
- Potato Bake: Preheat oven to 180C. Layer potato, onion and pepper in a 3 cup capacity baking dish. Pour milk into dish and cover with foil & bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and top potato with cheese and thyme. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Steaks: Meanwhile, brush steaks with oil and sprinkle both sides with pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Place steaks in pan and reduce heat slightly. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn and cook for 3 minutes for medium or to your liking. Remove from pan and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Jus: Reduce heat, then add wine, garlic and rosemary to pan. Stir, then simmer for about 1 minute or until reduced by half. Remove from heat and add butter; stir to combine.
- Serve steak with red wine jus, potato bake and steamed vegetables.