What you need
- Onion Rings:
- 2 ½ cups Pauls Buttermilk
- 2 brown onions
- 3 cups plain flour
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 tbsp chili flakes
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Buttermilk Ranch Sauce:
- 1 cup Pauls Sour Cream
- 1 cup Pauls Buttermilk
- 2 tsp fresh continental parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make It
- Prepare onion rings by taking the skin off the onion and carefully cutting into even rings. Pour buttermilk into a large bowl and place onion in the buttermilk. Leave to coat for an hour.
- Pour flour and all of the spices into a large bowl. After an hour, take the onion rings out of the buttermilk, drain and dredge in the flour mixture to coat.
- In a large heavy based saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 175 degrees (best to use a thermometer to reach and maintain this temperature).
- Cook onion rings in small batches until golden brown and crispy.
- To make the ranch sauce, add all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until combined and smooth.
- Place sauce in a small container on a plate with onion rings. Serve immediately.