What you need
- 1 ½ cups Pauls Regular Thickened Cream, extra to garnish
- 1 whole butternut pumpkin
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 3 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 medium brown shallots, diced finely
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Chili flakes, to garnish
- Coriander, to garnish
- Salt & pepper
How To Make It
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees fan-forced.
- Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise, then scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Brush the cut side with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon and place skin side up on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes. You will know it is ready when there is little resistance when pierced with a fork.
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, add butter and a splash of olive oil. Once this heats up, add shallot and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant.
- Next, remove flesh from pumpkin and spoon into the pan. Add stock and cream and mix to combine. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor in batches and pulse until completely smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with a trickle of cream, coriander leaves and chili flakes.